
Hayford is a boundlessly energetic 64 year-old gentlemen with a heart of gold and countless friends all up and down the paths for miles around his village of Sonkwenya. The image shows Hayford suited up as a volunteer for the major polio vaccination drive that Rotary sponsored worldwide a couple of weeks back.
Working a few hours a week over the last month, Hayford has signed up more than 50 Burro clients who are now benefiting from the Burro "Do More" promise. Subsistence farmers, cocoa growers, snail hunters and shop owners are among Hayford's clientele enjoying lower battery expenditure, greater productivity, enhanced security, and more entertainment options.
Hayford himself is well on the way to building a business that will supplement his other income by more than a buck a day. That may not sound like much, but Hayford is as optimistic as we are that his Burro business will grow well beyond these humble beginnings. Just last week, Hayford finally withdrew some of his accrued commissions. He bought school books for his young grand-daughter. Little things truly can make a big difference.
Burro salutes Mr. Hayford Atteh.
2 comments:
Whit! What a charming picture. Congratulations on your new endeavor. I just read you entire blog, and love what you're doing. Say hello to Jan for me!
I'll be a regular blog reader. Keep the posts colin'
Best wishes,
Chris T.
Ps - I just took an intensive week long class I. The Toyota Production System. There is some really good stuff that may be interesti g to you. Check out the book "the toyota way". It is just the right kind of nerdy that you would dig,and I mean that with all due respect (once the Chief Noodler always the Chief Noodler)
Thanks for posting something new. I'll be a regular also. Very interesting to see the beginning! P
Post a Comment