Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Burro Enhances Household Security

Ayisha Tahiru is using three Burro batteries to power her LED flashlight that she hangs above her compound each evening to provide general lighting and nighttime security. Before switching to Burro, Ayisha was spending about the same amount for inferior, carbon-zinc batteries that she needed to carefully ration to stay within her budget. Such "cheap" batteries can add up in cost quickly, particularly if they leak (as they are prone to) and destroy equipment.

Now, with Burro batteries, Ayisha is able to power her light all night long, every night. One set of batteries lasts Ayisha four nights straight. When they do drain down, she simply walks a dozen yards or so to her Burro agent and swaps them for fresh ones at no additional charge. Ayisah appreciates the enhanced security that all-night lighting provides her. She intends to renew her Burro battery subscription.

For an affordable, flat monthly fee, Burro promises to provide superior lighting solutions to women like Ayisha throughout our expanding market area.

5 comments:

Mamam afrika said...

Very cool Whit. I am wondering if we can talk about the DR Congo...there are 65 million people and about 75% are doing it on less than $1/day.

Chuck

elpezzz said...

Whit,

Very nice project and blog! Do you have a website with more information about Burro? I'm working on a similar project trying to start up in Burkina Faso and would love to talk to you, if you could email me at elpezzz at gmail.com

Best of luck!

-Jenny.

Unknown said...

Hi Whit,

I read about your company and have a few very good and successful friends in Ghana. Would love to put you in touch with them if you are interested. Just finished a trip to Ghana in January. It was great fun out there.

All my best,

Mike Kopko
212-333-3303
kopko@post.harvard.edu

Anonymous said...

Love what you are doing. Would love to help. I come from Toy and game back ground as well. I think we actually met at Toy Fair some years ago. Wish to speak to you ASAP on ways I can be of help.
Closest friend is prince of African nation and very entrepreneurial for his country. I think we can be of mutual help to one another. My email is northshoreinvestments@yahoo.com. Cell: 252-269-3226

Bob Reinschild

Anonymous said...

I love this blog!